Tuesday 4 June 2013

Pre Ride / Post Ride

Today after work I decided to go on a long bike ride to get a feel for the new handlebars I had installed yesterday. I wanted to go 30km minimum and figured I'd be out for a about two hours. The app I use to track my rides didn't catch the first leg of my ride, so I did 25km (tracked) and about 15 kilometres before that, so not bad! Before my ride I was pretty hungry (I gave away half of my salad at lunch because I was too full to finish it). I decided on one of my favourite childhood snacks - a half cantaloupe eaten with a spoon. The raspberries were just a bonus. I also had one of my homemade Larabars from yesterday and hit the road. 


When I got home (around seven) it was dinnertime. I sautéed some carrot, snow peas, and yellow pepper with garlic, shallot, salt, pepper, and chill flakes. In the same pan I wilted some kale while my ribs heated up in the microwave. The kale needed nothing but a bit of salt and a squeeze of lemon.


No comments:

Post a Comment