Monday 17 June 2013

Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner

My one day weekend was cut abruptly short by a summer cold and a very early morning today. I was up with the sun at five am, and had my go-to comfort breakfast of scrambled egg and prosciutto, this time with a bit of the jicama home fries. Apologies for the crummy low-light pic...the sun wasn't quite awake yet either. 


Luckily, I packed my lunch last night so I didn't have to fumble around first thing in the morning (and I could sit with my mug of coffee just that much longer). I packed some of the cinnamon beef strew with carrots and baba ghanouj, fruit (it's frozen) with coconut and coconut milk, and some mixed raw nuts. The beef stew was awesome, very warm and hearty. It's not exactly a summery meal, but the air conditioning is so high in my work break room that it feels like winter anyway. 


For dinner I had another duck burger and salad and on the side I roasted some sweet potato in the ras al-hanout spice blend, and topped them with some fresh parsley. The sweet potatoes were so good, I kind of wish I'd done the butternut squash casserole from yesterday with sweet potato instead. Oh well, next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment