Wednesday 5 June 2013

Meat & (Sweet) Potatoes

I stopped at the grocery store knowing I didn't have much in the fridge (except for some steak that I really needed to eat today). I wanted something summery and savoury so I came up with this:


I  cut the sweet potato into "fries" and tossed them in olive oil and some mixed roasting/grilling spice. I put them in the oven at 400. As they were cooking, I cut up some shallot, mushrooms, and red pepper and threw them into the skillet with olive oil and grainy mustard. When the vegetables were about halfway cooked I put the steak into the same skillet and added a chopped garlic clove to the veg. On the side I cut of half an heirloom tomato and simply seasoned the slices of tomato with salt and pepper. I haven't eaten them this way since I was a kid and my mum would serve sliced tomato still warm from the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment