Saturday 1 June 2013

Day one Dinner

This afternoon I realized I didn't really have much on hand for lunch. After throwing my cat's tenth(!) birthday party (which involved me giving him a new laser and tying a bandana around his neck with a "birthday boy" ribbon) I found that it was already about three and I hadn't eaten since my omelette. No wonder I was sleepy. I watched Wayne's World with my boyfriend, had a sort-of lunch of dry-roasted almonds and kalamata olives, then went to the store to stock up for the week. 
As soon as I got home I made this - steak with "grilling" seasoning (checked to make sure it was just spices and no fillers) some pan-fried zucchini, and a mango and jicama salad inspired by this recipe. I simplified it a bit - I just cut up my jicama and very ripe mango and tossed it with cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. It was a little disappointing, but only because my mango was way too ripe and the jicama was also a little past it's prime. I'll try it again another time. For dessert, I had a little fruit salad - some more of the mango, cantaloupe, raspberries, frozen cherries, and kiwi. One day down, 29 to go!





No comments:

Post a Comment