Saturday 22 June 2013

Dinner and Food for the Week

I didn't post lunch because I didn't really eat one. I know that skipping a meal and snacking instead is not whole30 approved, but there it is. I had a smoothie made with ice, a half banana, a spoonful of cashew butter, a spoonful of cocoa, and some cold coffee. Then, a bit later I had the rest of a bag of veggie chips that I found at the grocery store. I love that they use an approved oil rather than canola, which the other veggie chips I've bought in the past use. They are delicious, but like regular chips certainly demand a high level of self-control. 
Later I decided to go to the store to pick up what I need for my weekly cook-up. I plan on doing the cooking tomorrow, but I figured I'd give myself a head-start and get the food today. 


After getting everything home, I was officially hungry. I picked up a couple burgers at the butcher. They are made in-house and the particular ones I bought don't contain any breadcrumbs - just herbs and spices. All I had to do was throw it on the skillet while I microwaved another half sweet potato and mashed it with clarified butter and the ras el-hanout spice blend. I also put together a quick salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, carrots, green onion, with apple cider vinegar and olive oil on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment