Tuesday 18 June 2013

Breakfast and Lunch Date

Today ended up being the perfect day I'd hoped for on Sunday. Sure, I woke up with a pounding headache (my summer cold rages on) but I ate some chia seed paleo muesli, had a mug of coffee, and set out for my run. My goal was to run 15k - I'm trying to see whether it'll be worth it for me to sign up for a half marathon - and I did it! ...15.5 to be specific. 


Afterward, I planned to spend the afternoon cleaning the apartment, but it was so nice out that I didn't want to waste the day. My boyfriend and I went for a walk, went to MEC and looked at stuff neither of us can afford, and then went out for lunch. We went to Fresh and had a great lunch despite our several food requirements (my whole30, he's a picky vegetarian). I got a Thai salad. I really hate being one of those people and I've never had to be before, but I had to swap the peanut-based dressing for a ginger one, and ask for the peanuts to be left off the top. Otherwise, the salad was completely compliant and tasted just like bánh mì (without the bread and pork). I also got a smoothie. They have a tonne of whole30 compliant smoothies and I was going to go for a veggie packed green one, but I decided to treat myself to "mocha mint" which had cocoa, mint, banana, espresso, and almond milk. I wasn't about to ask the girl whether there was carageenan in their almond milk, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the clear. 


No comments:

Post a Comment