Thursday 13 June 2013

A New Day

I didn't get a chance to update my meals from yesterday, so here they are. I had a very early morning breakfast of prosciutto and eggs. It's classic, tasty, quick to prepare and it kept me full for a solid six hours until I ate lunch at noon. 


Here's lunch. I had a small salad using the last of my mixed greens along with some strawberry and carrot. I had some more of my chili, some mango with raspberries and blueberries, and some cashews.


After work I found that I was feeling pretty tired as soon as I got in the door. It was warm and sunny in the afternoon and I didn't want to waste the day by melting into the couch as early as five pm, so I went for a bike ride instead. 20km against the wind (how did it know when to change direction?) and I not only woke myself up, I also worked up an appetite. Luckily, dinner only took a few minutes to throw together. I warmed up some of my roasted veggies and breakfast sausages while I sautéed some kale and spinach in clarified butter. I think this is my new favourite way to eat kale. The flavour of butter compliments it so well (not surprising, butter tastes awesome on anything) and the edges of the leaves get slightly crispy in the pan, which creates an awesome texture. I do try to shake up my leafy greens (I love rainbow chard, and ate a tonne of brussels sprouts when I first started paleo) but I'm all about kale right now. 


One last thing - I had no more cheats. I didn't even have the inclination to. It's like it never happened. The rest of my pie (I only had a few bites) is wrapped tight and in the freezer, waiting patiently to be enjoyed in a couple weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment