Thursday 6 June 2013

Breakfast

This morning's lunch consisted of the old eggs-and-prosciutto standby along with some sliced tomato and a few pieces of grapefruit (1/4 of a grapefruit). Before starting my whole30, I was generally eating paleo with low-carb limits. I was tracking my calories and carbs in a (pretty successful) effort to lose weight. I limited my fruit and starchy vegetables to about once per week and filled the rest of my days with meats, fats, nuts, and leafy vegetables. Since starting the whole30 I've actually noticed some opposite effects when compared to what most people seem to experience, namely, I'm feeling a bit more bloated and puffy than I did before. This morning when I woke up I actually weighed myself (which you are not supposed to do during whole30) because I felt bloated and I felt like there was no way I hadn't gained weight this week. Well, I'm actually down a bit. I fluctuated by about three pounds in the week before I started and got a pretty different weight every day so I don't know exactly what I weighed before starting, but I am certainly not up, and I'm two pounds down from what I weighed the morning I began. That said, I'm going to start cutting back on the fruits a bit, and maybe limit them only to the mornings or before and after a long workout. Anyway, it's time to get ready for work, and I still have to throw together my lunch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment