Tuesday 11 June 2013

Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner

To say I woke up this morning at 5:00 would be only telling part of the truth. In fact, I slept horribly. I woke up at 2:30 in the morning and didn't fully get back to sleep after. Between short dreams and not getting enough of the blanket, I cursed myself, tried to get comfortable, and eventually rolled out of bed begrudgingly when my alarm went off at five. I decided to have a bowl of chili with an egg this morning because I'm trying to shake things up and eat less traditionally "breakfast" foods in the morning. While I think this is an admirable aim, I'm not sure if five am after a terrible sleep is the best state to introduce a hot bowl of spicy tomato. It also didn't mesh too well with my coffee. It did, however, keep me full for a long time, so that's a plus. 


For lunch I packed some of my roasted vegetables and breakfast sausages on top of a handful of frozen haricots verts. I have to say, frozen vegetables are fantastic for packed lunches. Along with my pork & veg, I had a boiled egg (seasoned with pepper and paprika) and some mango, apple, and blueberry. I also had a tiny bag of cashews to keep on hand if I got hungry mid morning. 


For dinner I had the last of my Thai coconut curry served in a bowl on a bed of zucchini noodles. To freshen up the flavour a bit, I added some fresh green onion. 


And now it's only 7:30 and I feel like I could easily go to bed. As a kid, I always hated getting sent to bed before it was fully dark out but now...I'd happily crawl under the blanket and sleep for a solid ten hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment