Sunday 16 June 2013

Dinner

I decided to go ahead and have dinner though I was more curious to try what I'd cooked than I was hungry. I had one of the duck burgers on romaine topped with cherry tomato, onion, and grainy mustard. I've had duck before, but never as a burger and it was delicious. It was meaty and fatty, and a nice change from beef. I also had some of the jicama home fries and butternut squash, and a quick salad made with greens, strawberries, carrot, and pecans. On the whole, dinner was quite satisfying. I found the squash to be very rich but good nevertheless. The jicama was a little challenging, because the recipe calls for it to be soaked in a slow cooker for 12-24 hours prior to frying. I don't have a slow cooker, so I simmered it for a few hours while I was making everything else. It probably could have used a bit more time, but I'm not too worried...it tastes awesome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment