Friday 28 June 2013

Good Day / Bad Day

Yesterday morning started great. I had a day of work ahead, then straight off to an art show that I'm a part of. It's been awhile since I've done something art-realated and I spent the day counting the minutes until I could go enjoy it. I started off with my last egg, scrambled, and a smoothie made with chia and hemp heats, almond milk, and frozen peaches. 


Since I would be leaving to go out straight after work, I packed both lunch and dinner. What I brought was two of the spinach-meat muffins with some "rice" pilaf, the last of the chicken hot plate, along with some almonds and raisins, an egg, some fruit (mostly frozen peaches and cherries), and some celery with sunflower butter. I ate and enjoyed my lunch, well earned after a busy morning at work, but when six o'clock rolled around I had no appetite for dinner. I ate the almonds, but I decided to leave the chicken and the egg for lunch today. 


After the show, unsurprisingly, I was hungry. And there was nothing left in the fridge. To make matters worse, I seem to be going through what many others do in the final days of whole30 (according to the timeline). I'm experiencing cravings that I thought my body had given up on long ago. To make matters worse, it's not just that I want pizza or a street hotdog, it's that thinking of eating anything else (read: any whole30 compliant food I can think of) makes me feel nauseous. I don't want anything healthy, I just want crap. I was toying around with the idea of not eating at all and in retrospect I would probably have been better off with that choice. Instead I raided my fridge and sautéed a zucchini in some olive oil. While it cooked, I ate a few spoonfuls of sunflower butter from the container. Almost as soon as I finished the zucchini I felt ill - a dull, nauseous feeling in my stomach that hasn't gone away. To add insult to injury, I threw some chia muesli together last night for breakfast this morning since I'm out of eggs. Well, let's just say it didn't set. It was like eating all the components of a smoothie out of a bowl without blending first. Hopefully this means that today can't get any worse. 




No comments:

Post a Comment