Wednesday 19 June 2013

Lunch, and my Best Dinner Yet

This morning I threw my lunch together quickly before work. I had some more of the cinnamon beef stew with the butternut squash on the side. I added some sliced apple with sunflower seed butter. This filled me up and kept me that way for a solid five and a half hours until I could come home and eat. 


When I have downtime at work (it's rare) I like to take a mental inventory of what I have on hand and think of what I'd like to make for dinner. Since I eat a lot of leftovers and use a lot of the same ingredients, trying variations helps add variety to my meals. Today I thought about doing my last duck burger "Aussie style" with a fried egg and fresh beet on top. It was amazing. Served with romaine for a "bun" and some kale (sautéed in clarified butter until the edges got crispy and seasoned with ras al-hanout). I also fried half an apple in clarified butter with a handful of pecans and a generous dash of cinnamon (the recipe for this is from Paleo Comfort Foods but it's pretty much just what I wrote). I have to say, I think this was my favourite dinner of the whole30 so far. A burger should always have an egg for a blanket.


No comments:

Post a Comment