Friday 21 June 2013

Catch Up

Whoops - things got away from me a little. Yesterday I worked 7-4, had errands to run directly after, then as soon as I got home, I had to prep for an art show I'm going to be in coming up. I have the exact same schedule today, but I'll try to update the rest of my day this evening. Let's start with yesterday's meals. 

Since I knew I would be working early I made another batch of the chia paleo muesli. It's great having something ready to go in the fridge so I don't have to cook at five am. That said, I need to work on a way to make it a bit more filling. My stomach was growling by seven. 


For lunch I had the exact same thing as the day before. There's nothing wrong with that - as I've said before, I have no problem eating the same things over and over. That's part of why doing "cook days' are so helpful, and help me to be successful. Here's cinnamon beef stew, butternut squash, and about half an apple with sunflower butter. 


I decided to have "breakfast" for dinner. It's quick, easy, and hearty. I had crispy pan-fried kale with two over-easy eggs on top, along with two pieces of prosciutto, some jicama home fries, and a half grapefruit. For some reason I was hungry again an hour later, but sometimes that happens. I had some strawberries dipped in cashew butter, a big glass of water, and called it a day. 


And finally this morning's breakfast. I'm posting as my phone works it's way through 30 some-odd app updates (I get lazy and hate updating, but videos on instagram? I got curious). Breakfast...you guessed it. More chia. This time I added a spoonful of cashew butter to see if the added protein would help keep me full for a bit longer. I think I also need to use fattier coconut milk and possibly even look into a paleo friendly protein powder, I don't know. Anyway, until later.

Cheers




No comments:

Post a Comment