Monday 10 June 2013

Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner

This morning I only had one egg left in the fridge, but I made the best of it by scrambling it in some clarified butter and having it along with two of my homemade breakfast sausages and a sliced heirloom tomato seasoned with salt and pepper. 


This morning I also had to throw my lunch together and pack it for work. Days like today are when I really appreciate cooking in bulk on the weekends. I actually overslept a bit this morning and if I didn't have my lunch mostly already made I may have had to sacrifice my morning sitting-in-my-chair-drinking-2-mugs-of-coffee routine. Today I had some of my chili with a salad comprised of mixed greens, carrots, apple, and strawberry, dressed with olive oil and lemon juice. I also has the last of my fruit salad with the last of my coconut milk - a nice substitute, I've discovered, for fruit and yogurt. 


Finally, when I got home I was able to throw my dinner together in a matter of minutes thanks, again, to my cook day on Friday. I already had the roasted chicken breast and vegetables in the fridge so I just popped them in the microwave while I sautéed some kale in clarified butter. As the kale was cooking, I reached into the cupboard for seasoning and saw that I have hemp hearts. I never know exactly how to use them (they seemed to go well in my chia breakfast "muesli") so I threw a few into the pan with my kale. I don't know if they added much - I couldn't really taste them - but they did have a nice firm chewy texture., so no harm done I guess. Now I get to enjoy the rain and fog out the window and look through my brand new copy of Well Fed, which showed up today (so excited to start cooking from it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment