Sunday 2 June 2013

A note on cravings

The wonderful, magical thing about eating clean foods is that eventually even the most stubborn cravings fade away. If you had told me this on week one I would have rolled my eyes and continued suffering through my hanger (hungry anger) but it's true. In the first ten days of paleo my cravings were frequent and specific (I want a blueberry muffin!) then after they became less so (I want something sweet and baked!) then eventually, after the first month, I really only thought in terms of "am I hungry?". That said, those cravings will come back with a vengeance and since I played a little fast and loose with cheats over the past few weeks I'm suffering through the withdrawal again, however content in the knowledge that by the end of the week they'll (probably) be a distant memory (for now). Also, black coffee helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment