Sunday 30 June 2013

Last Night's Dinner, Breakfast, and goodbye to Whole30

Last nights dinner was amazing. Since, for the last few days, I've been craving cheap, low quality, salty foods I decided to treat myself to some sausage. This is not the cheap stuff though. This is locally made bratwurst from the butcher. Completely grain-free and delicious. I cooked it chopped up in the skillet with some onion, tomato, and grainy mustard. I could eat a barrel of this. With it, I had some yellow and green beans with salt and pepper, and some roasted sweet potato - with just salt and pepper as well. 

Then, I did something I'm not proud of. I had the night (and the apartment) to myself so I decided to break out the chocolate covered fleur-de-sel caramels I've had hiding in the cupboard since around the time I started paleo. I've gone this long without opening the bag, so last night I decided to have some (since I sort-of decided to end my whole30 early). Well, I ate too many and got a terrible stomach ache - like, lying in fetal position on the couch holding my stomach kind of stomach ache. Lesson learned. I used to binge like a champ - those days are done. 


I wanted today to be a good, healthy one. I started off the morning with a banana dipped in cashew butter and headed out for a run. I made a new personal record of 17.5k. I was only aiming to do 16 this weekend, but a friend who I'm having a bit of a distance race with did 17 last night, so I had to out-do him. High on my pride and success, I made a great mid-morning breakfast of eggs and prosciutto, the rest of my roasted sweet potato from last night, and some of my strawberries.

I then set off to run some errands on a bright, sunny day.


I'm still curious about the effect dairy is going to have on me after 28 days without, so I used that as an excuse to treat myself to ice cream. A scoop each of superkid and pistachio kulfi. Not only was this just about the best ice cream I've tasted...no tummy ache. No bad effects to speak of. I think I may be lactose ...tolerant. Good news.


How do I feel about eating ice cream on (what is supposed to be) my last day of whole30?

No comments:

Post a Comment