Wednesday 28 August 2013

Dinnertime

Today at the grocery store I was delighted to find these "doughnut peaches", also known as "saturn peaches", or, "flat peaches" if you're a little less imaginative (which is how they were labelled at my store). They're so cute and since I'm running low on fruit I picked some up. Fresh peaches are amazing and it seems to be one of those fruits that never tastes as good unless they're in season. 


Later, I made dinner for my boyfriend and I. He had a couple of fast-fry steaks and I had a hormone-free smoked pork sausage. On the side we had some carrots (heirloom carrots have the prettiest colours) sautéed with some onion. We also had a kale-and-romaine salad tossed with homemade ranch dressing...which is amazing. I got the recipe from Well Fed and will likely be making a batch every week. I couldn't resist having one of my flat peaches with dinner. I love having my fruit with dinner rather than after. I feel like it makes the meal more balanced, flavour-wise, and helps eliminate the "need" for something sweet after.

I'm still in the process of mentally gearing up for another whole30 in September, and rapidly tagging recipes I plan on making. I've got a little trip to a local bakery planned for tomorrow (apparently the best ice cream and cookie sandwiches ever!)

Cheers!
Tori




No comments:

Post a Comment