Monday 20 May 2013

Seize the Day

I wasn't sure what to begin this blog with. What should the inaugural post be? A breakdown of the rules of paleo eating? An introduction to myself? A recipe to one of the many delicious meals I've had in my three-ish months of eating and living this way? I decided that can all wait. What better way to start than with what I ate for dinner. Tonight. As in two minutes ago.

Sometimes, I'm a fan of just throwing a bunch of stuff in a skillet and eating it when it's all cooked enough. Tonight was one of those times. I spent my holiday (Victoria Day/May 2-4/May Long Weekend) out in the sun - first, by going for a bike ride with my boyfriend, then by walking to exchange the bike he had just bought. I rounded out the day with a lazy dinner. Mashed sweet potato with salt, pepper, cumin, and Greek yogurt and a skillet-full of steak, shallot, jicama, carrot, zucchini, and kale. I seasoned my skillet full of stuff with jerk seasoning, salt, pepper, and chili flakes (the jerk seasoning from the grocery store is not spicy enough). I enjoyed it with a cocktail. It's a French 75 and it may not be perfectly paleo, but it is damn good. 

So that's it. Here I am. 

1 comment:

  1. Your blog started on my birthday. I approve. ;-)

    ReplyDelete